Some recent recommended reading:
- Working Age Welfare, from the Joseph Roundtree Foundation, looking at the facts and figures behind recipients of UK state welfare.
- 21st Century Enlightenment video from the RSA Animate blog.
- Terror Alerts vs Elections infographic from Information is Beautiful, mapping out the correlation between national security threat level and election campaigns
- Cameron Cuts Back on the Truth from Left Foot Forward, taking apart the anomalies in Cameron’s rousing conference speech last week.
- This is a news website article… over at The Guardian’s Lay Scientist, parodying the reporting of research in mainstream news.
- Love Really Is Like A Drug over at The Guardian’s science section, referencing research that suggests love stimulates the same part of the brain cocaine does.
- 7 Things You Really Don’t Need to Take a Photo Of from the esteemed Oatmeal
- Female Character Flowchart from Overthinking It illustrating an array of female stereotypes (or just characters?) in literature/film/TV. Worth a look if just for the fun of following a monster chart.